URC is currently seeking a qualified Senior/Lead Technical Adviser – Data Use to provide a technical leadership to develop a culture of data use based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
This anticipated 5-year USAID-funded Activity will contribute directly to Ethiopia’s information revolution by providing technical assistance and other services for the implementation of the Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) Activity, supporting goals of improving the quality of health service and create a sustainable health care system through the use data for decision making. The Activity seeks to support IT systems and data repository at all levels, build a culture of data use, and strengthen capacity and governance of Ministry of Health’s health information systems. In addition, the Activity may also provide similar technical assistance to strengthen integrated health information systems in other countries in Africa or to respond to a crisis in Ethiopia.
URC is currently seeking a qualified Senior/Lead Technical Adviser – Data Use to provide a technical leadership to develop a culture of data use to inform in health planning, performance management, and delivery decisions across the health system.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Employ social behavior change activities to build a culture of data use and evidence-based decision making
- Improve data capturing within the Public Health Emergency Management (PHEM) for early detection of epidemics and timely notifications from all levels of the health system
- Strengthen monitoring and evaluation systems for data flow, completeness of data, and number of users in a systematic manner
- Strengthen capacity of health science colleges and technical institutes using best practices in design development, applications, tool development and implementation approaches e.g. Demographic Health Surveys, Systems of Health Accounts, Civil Registration and Vital Statistics, and District Health Information Systems
- Collaborate with the Chief of Party to provide leadership to the Activity, ensure strategic direction, and ensure the provision of high quality technical assistance
- Monitor the progress and pace of implementation, ensuring that the technical aspects of the project are realized, meet high quality standards, and align with all internal controls
- A minimum of a master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Epidemiology Research, and/or a related field
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated experience working in partnership with host governments, international donors, and implementing partners
- Fluency in English is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with excellent MS Word and Excel skills
Please note: this position is contingent upon securing award.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
“Contingent on Contract Award”
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.