Unilever is currently seeking a qualified Assistant Human Resources Business Partner-Supply Chain based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Main Purpose
To build an Employee Relation plan for measuring performance and engagement and ensure it is kept up to date by developing knowledge internally and externally of emerging local and international ER issues. The individual will also lead the development of policies and practices that cover the full employee relationship and ER strategy (i.e. collective and individual dispute resolution, pay bargaining, conflict management, tribunals, grievance and disciplinary, employment law, contracts of employment and terms and conditions). In addition, the role is responsible for creating a positive employee relations climate in the organisation to drive performance.
- Engage with Factory Leadership Teams and integrate HR for Factories plan and ManEx World Class Manufacturing vision.
- Drive implementation of ‘22 Steps to implement a World Class approach’ along with the factory leadership team by educating the factory resources and related change management efforts.
- Ensures that HR material, such as employee handbooks, contracts and the intranet site, are consistent, up to date and in line with Unilever’s ER principles, company values and legislation.
- Communicates with employees about employee relations policies and procedures, including updates and implication
- Pro-actively identify areas of potential conflict and Facilitates potential conflict situations to achieve consensus legally and ethically
- Keep record and track all cases in relation to court cases, grievances,
- Provide information during union and/ works council elections/nominations
- Prepare monthly reports in relation to industrial relations
- Manages relationship between management and employees and recommends initiatives to improve relationships between management and employees.
- Update employee files or salary lists at the end of each negotiation period
- Manage the storage of both active and historical archives for court cases
- Builds managers’ capability in managing performance and reward decisions
- Leads the delivery of, and the compliance with, Unilever HR policies, processes and local employment/labour legislation for all employees
- Works closely and collaboratively with HRBP, HR Services and HR Expertise teams to share best practice.
- Manage budgets and absence cost control and reduction and headcount optimization.
- University Graduate
- Over 5 years’ experience in a HR generalist (partnering) role
- Well-rounded employee relations experience in a factory/supply chain environment;
- Well conversant with Ethiopian labour laws and practices;
- Has deep understanding of employment law and discrimination law and of the COBP and social standards
- Good people leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels (including shopfloor);
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
Apply the Job here https://unilever.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=190001O5&lang=en&src=LinkedIn