The Norwegian Refugee Council is looking for a highly experienced strategic leader to join the Ethiopia programme as Country Director. This is an exciting opportunity to lead one of NRC’s largest country programmes in the East Africa and Yemen region at this critical time. Our ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience as a Senior Manager/Country Director in humanitarian/recovery contexts, and will be looking a role in which they will utilize their highly developed skills and experience in leadership, strategic thinking and management of complex programmes.
The Ethiopia Country Director is responsible for:
• National representation and coordination
• Development and execution of country strategy
• All in-country activities, personnel and the Country Management Group (CMG)
• Safety and security of all staff
• Country level advocacy
• Learning, training and development of all staff, including a strategy for national staff development
• Leading on the development of positive and effective working relationships with government at national and sub-national level.
• Ensuring effective collaboration with government departments to ensure mutual learning and influencing for greater impact of programme investments.
• Development of partnerships and collaborations with external actors, including National NGOs, the private sector and academic institutions.
• Overseeing the implementation of the regional programme ‘hallmarks’ in Ethiopia and the development of new routes to programme impact at scale.
• Overseeing the development of the Country Programme Emergency Response and Advocacy capacity and strategies.
• Leading teams in ensuring programmes are designed and negotiated to deliver in Hard to Reach area.