• Minimum first level university degree/bachelor’s degree in relevant field
• Minimum 5 years’ experience from working as a Senior Manager/Country Director in humanitarian/recovery context
• Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Knowledge of Ethiopia or the region is desirable.
• Strong understanding and appreciation of the role of influencing that goes beyond advocacy in bringing about change and impact at scale.
• Experience of managing complex programmes that operate in diverse and dispersed geographical and contextual settings
• Experience of leading the development of humanitarian programmes and competency
• Experience of leading security in an evolving environment.
• Experience of promoting innovation in difficult operating environments.
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Strategic thinking
• Demonstrated ability to empower, build trust and lead a large team
• Highly developed influencing and negotiating skills
• Strong networking skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships
• Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
• Travel: 25%
• Contract Duration: 2 years, with possible extension depending on funding and performance
• Salary/Benefits: Competitive compensation and benefits package
• Preferred Start date: June 2019
• NRC may be required to verify the identify of its partners and check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activity. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.