Job DescriptionReports To: Team Leader Background
The B1 Programme Manager has a key role in team portfolio management to deliver DFID Ethiopia’s objectives and commitments. S/he is primarily responsible for coordination, leadership and support to the programme team through working with government, other donors and civil society organisations.Main Tasks:Policy/Programme Management:
- With the Team Leader and SROs, take responsibility for overall programme management of the team portfolio, delivering through a programme team of four staff POs/ PA.
- Ensure compliance with DFID rules across the programme portfolio and provide advice to Advisers/ SROs on how to ensure their programmes fit with these.
- quality assure all programmes have current risk registers, delivery plans and delivery chain maps and have meet Transparency requirements
- Represent DFID at meetings with donors and other partners and provide backstopping support to advisers in the team
- Quality assuring drafted MoUs, Project Memorandum, submissions, ToRs and other project documents in partnership with other team members.
- Participate in appraisal and monitoring missions, actively follow up progress reports and quality assure they follow reporting procedures as laid out in the Project Memorandum.
Programme Finance and Administration
- Coordinate team’s commercial requirements, issues and responses and provide feedback to DPO and as necessary escalate.
- Take the lead on ensuring commercial excellence for the team Ensure Value for Money (VfM) through good programme management and commercial practice.