RTI International is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of eHIS Compliance Engineer based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) in Ethiopia to Improve Health Outcomes project financed by USAID is a 5-year initiative to strengthen health information systems. The Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) Compliance Engineer will be responsible for supporting local clients working in health activities to create a long-term plan for the most reliable and cost-effective hosting of IT applications, web sites, and web applications. He/she will lead the project’s efforts to develop a cost-effective national hosting strategy in collaboration with Ethiopian Federal Ministry of Health (EFMOH) and other government counterparts and partners. Lead RTI’s support for integrated and interoperable health information systems.
The Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) Compliance Engineer reports to the RTI Technical and Administrative Lead/eCHIS Lead.
- Lead RTI’s support for strategic, incremental and exponential, improvement in integrated health information systems. Provide technical assistance to support the national interoperability framework planned under the Data Use Partnership (DUP). Activities will center on supporting the development of the National Health Data Dictionary and the software development process and scale up of the OpenHIE platform;
- Lead RTI’s support for Data Management Services. This includes support for strengthening relevant data management services, with specific activities focusing on supporting local clients working in health activities to create a long-term plan for the most reliable and cost-effective hosting of IT applications, web sites, and web applications.
- Lead development and delivery of a cost-effective national hosting strategy in collaboration with project stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance to other activities as needed, including the electronic community health information systems (eCHIS) and DHIS2 implementation
- Ensure a high level of communication and cooperation with the DAI, USAID, EFMOH, Data Use Partnership and other partners and stakeholders.
- Ensures all project deliverables exceed expectations and are managed within budget.
- Participate and contribute to planning and project management processes.
- Write and contribute to project reports and provide other information as needed on project activities.
- Provide budget inputs and projections and ensure that budget is managed for the technical areas of responsibility in accordance with USAID and RTI requirements, procedures and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Informatics, Health Information Sciences, Computer Science, or closely related field and at least six (6) years of professional experience in conducting and/or supporting informatics or health information systems projects, information architecture management, implementing data and information standards; OR
- b) Master’s degree with a focus in public health informatics, health care informatics, information technology, computer science, information science, or a related field and four (3) years of experience in informatics including experience in conducting and/or supporting health information systems projects; OR
- or c) Doctoral-level degree such as PhD of Informatics, Doctor of Health Science (D.H.Sc.), Ph.D. Management Information Systems and Technology, Ph.D Computer Science or closely related field with two (2) years of experience doing senior-level public health informatics or health information systems work.
- Experience working in health information systems strengthening projects in low- and middle-income countries.
- Experience interacting and working with government officials, preferably within ministries of health and related agencies (e.g. national aids control program).
- Experience interacting and collaborating with international organizations that specialize in health information systems and /or digital health implementation.
- Experience with business process analysis, workflow, requirements gathering, and specification development.
- Experience in implementing principles of software development within the context of effective and robust project management and software development cycle.
- Software project management experience
- Experience creating software documentation
- Knowledge of public health informatics theories, principles, concepts, and standards; especially health information exchange standards for interoperability of subsystems.
- Experience with DHIS 2 configuration, maintenance, hosting and deployment
- Understanding of OpenHIE framework
- Experience with electronic medical records systems and interoperability standards
- Experience with the development of hosting strategies for IT applications, web sites, and web applications
- Experience with institutionalization and compliance with business continuity standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Experience managing project teams, including teams in remote locations.
- Experience leading or supporting training and/or supportive supervision activities.
- Experience with information systems organizational development including capacity building plans and job description development.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations.
- Experience in Ethiopia
To apply, please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Ethiopia/title in the subject line.