RTI International is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of finance and administration Officer based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) in Ethiopia to Improve Health Outcomes project financed by USAID is a 5-year initiative to strengthen health information systems.
The finance and administration manager based in Ethiopia will oversee the management of financial and reporting functions for the project to ensure compliance with the terms of the agreement. This position is responsible for seeking appropriate guidance from RTI Finance and Administration (RTI Regional Office in Nairobi and/or RTI Home Office). This position will also serve as a human resources liaison, ensuring staff work and timesheets align, and the human resource management requirements are adhered to by the Ethiopia based project team. The position will submit financial statements and other cost accounting reports to RTI and ensure adherence to RTI, and US government (USG) financial and accounting policies and procedures.
This position will report directly to the RTI Technical and Administrative Lead/eCHIS Lead.
- Oversight of finance, human resource management, and administration support to the project.
- Use QuickBooks to enter all field expenses and submit the report at the end of each month to RTI headquarters
- Ensure compliance with all RTI policies and procedures
- Assist in preparation of cash management requests
- Act as liaison for the project bank account
- Perform on-going project financial analysis including ability to forecast costs.
- Perform on-going project review including; review of actual costs for proper charging and accuracy, review invoices, and support processing payment approvals.
- Ensure that the project budget is reviewed on monthly basis and the financial condition of project is communicated to project leaders.
- Provide effective guidance to project leader and team management regarding potential changes in statement of work requiring revised budgets.
- Prepare budgets to support activities.
- Ensure that all advances are cleared and manage petty cash account.
- Manage the hiring process for local personnel and adherence to RTI human resources policies and procedures as well as local law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 6+ years of experience required or Master’s degree with one year of relevant experience
- Prior experience overseeing finance and administration for a USAID-funded project of a similar size and complexity is highly desirable
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access plus working knowledge of accounting and procurement software (particularly QuickBooks) is preferable;
- Prior experience overseeing finance and administration for a USAID-funded project of a similar size and complexity is highly desirable;
- Understanding of USAID rules and regulations desired
- Experience as a financial/accounting specialist
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in human resources management
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com with Ethiopia/title in the subject.Pages: Page/Page