RTI International is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of IT Officer based in Addis Ababa
The Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) in Ethiopia to Improve Health Outcomes project financed by USAID is a 5-year initiative to strengthen health information systems.
The IT Officer will be responsible for information technology support functions for the Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) in Ethiopia to Improve Health Outcomes project financed by USAID.
This position will report directly to the RTI eHIS & Compliance Engineer
Responsibilities of IT Officer
- Provide technical assistance and training for electronic community health information systems (eCHIS), DHIS 2, data management services and systems integration and interoperability.
- Support software testing, documentation, user requirement tracking and helpdesk support.
- Ensure a high level of communication and cooperation with the EFMOH, partners, and stakeholders.
- Ensures all project deliverables exceed expectations and are managed within budget.
- Contribute to project planning and budgeting processes
- Contribute to project reporting and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) requirements
- Travel to Regional Health Bureaus, Zonal and Woreda Health Offices and health facilities to provide technical assistance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Informatics, Health Information Sciences, Computer Science, or closely related field and at least one year of professional experience in a similar position.
- Experience with community health information systems configuration, deployment and user support. Experience with CommCare software preferred.
- Experience interacting and working with FMOH and other government officials
- Experience interacting and collaborating with international organizations that specialize in health information systems and /or digital health implementation.
- Experience with business process analysis, workflow, requirements gathering, and specification development.
- Software project management experience
- Knowledge of health information exchange standards for interoperability of subsystems.
- Experience with DHIS 2 configuration, maintenance, hosting and deployment
- Experience with electronic medical records systems and interoperability standards
- Experience with development of hosting strategies and information architecture
- Experience supporting training and/or supportive supervision activities.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations.
- Experience in Ethiopia