Website Save The Children
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Awards Director in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: AWARDS DIRECTOR
Career Categories: Donor Relations/Grants Management
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Years Of Experience: 10+ years
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Award Director will provide the primary award management inputs for both development and humanitarian programmes, and on-going support to develop best practice award management procedures and processes. The role has three main aspects to it: lead the Country Office award management team; capacity building of staff in their award management professional development and contributing to the development and advancement of award management processes and systems. If an international staff member is appointed, the intention is that s/he will recruit, train and hand over to a national staff member.
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
* A minimum of 10 years’ experience in senior management role out of which 5 years INGO experience with an excellent grasp of operational issues.
* Master’s degree in relevant field or have CIMA or ACCA
* Sound knowledge of the requirements of major institutional donors including budgeting, eligibility issues, compliance management, and reporting.
* Proven track record of active contribution to a senior management team, and providing strategic support across multiple sectors and/or regions.
* Proven experience of establishing and running the award management function in the field.
* Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
* Action-oriented analytical skills; demonstrated experience in setting up and maintaining quality assurance /compliance systems
* Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a demanding workload comprised of diverse and challenging tasks and responsibilities.
* Experience of engaging with donors at country strategy levels.
* Experience of and well-developed skills in staff management and supervision with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Proven strong coaching and capacity building skills.
* Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams
* Computer literate (i.e. WORD, advanced Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems).
* Patient, adaptable, flexible, culturally aware and able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
* Commitment to Save the Children values
* Experience with Save the Children award management policies, procedures and systems (AMS)
* Able to use Agresso accounting software
* Experience of Project Management, M&E Management or Funding Coordination
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
To see a full job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Health and Safety:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
To apply for this job please visit www.savethechildren.net.