Job Title: Chief of Party, USDA Food for Progress Coffee Program, Ethiopia
Career Categories: Program/Project Management
Years Of Experience: 10+ years
Job Type: Senior
ACDI/VOCA Jobs In Ethiopia
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
Chief of Party, USDA Food for Progress Coffee Program, Ethiopia
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for long-term Chief of Party for the anticipated 5-year Food for Progress program in coffee sector funded by USDA. The program will launch interventions focused on renovation and rehabilitation of coffee production systems, processing, marketing constraints as well as research and introduction of local varieties.
ACDI/VOCA seeks a dynamic and progressive professional who brings technical expertise in value chain development and commodity programs preferably in coffee sector. The position will provide overall strategic direction in the design, management, implementation and overall quality assurance of the project. The COP will oversee a team of experts and support staff, prepare reports and annual operating plans, align project initiatives with in-country priorities and ensure the program is compliant with USDA and ACDI/VOCA regulations.
- Develop strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and overall management of the program in line with USDA guidelines to achieve objectives;
- Provide overall technical vision, leadership, and project management.
- Serve as the project’s key liaison with headquarters, USDA, government counterparts, private sector stakeholders, subcontractors, academic institutions, and other local partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships.
- Ensure day-to-day technical, schedule, and financial performance of the project in accordance with the scope of work and annual work plans.
- Oversee management and quality of deliverables for all subcontractors, international consultants, and local project staff.
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision.
- Oversee preparation and supervision of project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications.
- Facilitate the development of sustainable public-private partnerships and private sector investment in target value chains.
- Review all financial and logistical information on a periodic basis.
- Give verbal or written presentations as requested by the client and/or ACDI/VOCA to varied audiences regarding the project’s progress.
- Advanced degree in agricultural economics, agronomy, agribusiness, finance, or related field from an accredited university is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional work experience managing projects that expand agro-processing and improving quality and traceability of export-oriented commodities.
- Experience working on similar donor-funded programs in Africa desired.
- Successful track record of leading US Government-funded projects required, USDA programing preferred.
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
- Excellent communication skills for a wide audience of stakeholders.
- Fluency in English is required.
To apply for this job please visit www.acdivoca.org.