Comitato Collaborazione Medica (CCM) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Representative in Ethiopia.
CCM (Comitato Collaborazione Medica) is an Italian NGO operating in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, specialized in health-related projects’ implementation, either in humanitarian and development contexts.
CCM has been working in Ethiopia since 1982. It is present in several areas, namely in Tigray and Amhara (North Ethiopia), Bale Zone of Oromia (central Ethiopia) and Liben Zone of the Somali Region (South Ethiopia), collaborating with Regional, Zonal and woreda health authorities to implement the Ministry of Health policies and strategies and with Italian and international organizations, in order to promote integrated actions.
CCM initiatives are mostly meant at improving the delivery of primary and secondary health services, with main focus on sexual and reproductive health of youths and adolescents and mother-and-child health, and strengthening the Ethiopian health system mostly by supporting the training of health professionals.
CCM initiatives do target both local and – when present – IDP/refugee populations. Specific attention is given to pastoralists communities needs, through the One Health approach.
For further information on the organization, please visit the website at www.ccm-italia.org.
Location: Addis Ababa, regular missions to the field’ sites requested
Contract duration: one year (possible extension)
Start date of contract: August 2019
Closing date for applications: 26th June 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Country Representative (CR) officially represents CCM with local authorities and governmental institutions in the Country, with the Italian Embassy, the United Nation System, the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, the European Delegation and with the local offices of International and local Organizations..
- CR represents CCM with partners, project stakeholders and donors. (S)he can be supported by the Health Advisor and Program coordinators, when it is requested.
- CR protects and promotes CCM’s image and reputation
- The CR is the legal representative of CCM, (s)he manages every legal aspects of the organization in the Country
Strategy of intervention and project design and formulation:
- Supported by the Health Advisor, Searches and/or elaborates documents relevant to the country and the Health sector in order to identify new actions and axes of intervention;
- According to the Country Strategy and Plan shared with the Head of Projects Sector and the Desk Officer, CR identifies and develops new project proposals to be submitted to local or international donors
- Supported by the country administration, defines yearly plans and evaluates CCM performances in the country both economically, qualitatively and quantitatively always taking into consideration the sustainability of the organization.
- Ensures the formulations of new projects, planning and coordinating the activities with the Head Office (CCM Project Department and Ethiopia Desk Officer), Regional and Country Health Advisor. He/She requests to contract external consultants when needed
Supervision and evaluation of the projects’ implementation
- Assures the compliance with CCM Head Office and Donors’ guidelines and requirements about visibility, documentation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Monitors ongoing projects, ensuring regular implementation, respect of objectives and plans (operative, economic and financial), and results’ evaluation. (S)he is supported by the Health Advisor regarding the monitoring and evaluation of every health issues.
- Ensures the preparation, revises and submits all sort of reports (narrative and financial) to the Head Office or to the Donors, according to the established deadlines and the processes and the International Project Department procedures.
- Manages the office where (s)he is based and ensures the correct organization of all CCM basis and offices in the country, in accordance with the CCM guidelines
- Organizes head office missions, including feasibility studies and project evaluations
- Ensures efficient logistics in the Country
- Ensures and facilitates a smooth and effective working relations among volunteers, project managers, Health Advisor and with the HQs
- According to the HQ guidelines about HR management, the CR identifies, constantly updates and enacts the HR internal procedures approved by the HQ.
- (S)he is responsible of all personnel in the country (including consultants and volunteers). The CR identifies local and international staff roles to be recruited for projects or offices, fully collaborating with his/her Program coordinators and direct supervisors at the HQ.
- Supported by the Head Office (Desk Officer, Regional Health Advisor, Head of Projects Sector and HR function) agrees about recruitment process’ stages, identifying also the staff members involved in it based on their roles and specific competences, and also the evaluation of personnel based on regular procedures (specific ones still to be defined).
- Ensures trainings and skills updating for local and international staff members
- Following internal procedures and UN instruction and guidelines protects the security of the staff members. S(he) ensures continue communication and exchange with the Italian Embassy on security.
He/she reports to the Desk Officer for Ethiopia at CCM HQ.
- Relevant academic background
· Postgraduate studies in International Humanitarian Development or equivalent studies is an asset
- Minimum 5 years of experience in implementing and monitoring of development and emergency projects. Previous experience in the role of Country Representative is an asset.
- Excellent experience in identifying and elaborating new project proposals
- Good administrative skills (budget formulation and management, contracts understanding, reporting)
- Excellent HR managerial skills in very complex and multicultural teams
- Outstanding negotiations and communications capacities both with local and international partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deliver promptly feedbacks
- Strong capacity to organize his/her workload and meet deadlines even under pressure
- High capacity to cope with stress also in volatile and highly insecure contexts.
- Goal mind oriented
- High ability to adapt to very rural contexts where there are poor living conditions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Fluency of both written and spoken English
- Fluency of both written and spoken Italian is an asset
- Good knowledge of Ethiopian contest
- Proven experience in Public Health Sector
Please, email your resume (PDF- max 4 pages) with three references ‘details to email@example.com
Any CV longer than four (4) pages or in different format will not be taken in consideration due to the high level of applications.
Compulsory for European applicants. Please, complete the CV with the Privacy European Authorization 679/2016
Please, specify in the email subject the vacancy title as follow Country Representative_Ethiopia
Any email without a clear title, will not be taken in consideration due to the high level of applications.
Please, note every resume will be evaluated and only short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org