WORLD RESOURCES INSTITUTE
Etho Jobs: World Resources Institute is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economist in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Titel: Economist
Organization: World Resources Institute
Salary Offer: As per Company Scale
Experience Level Senior and have 10-20 year work experience
- Design and execute a research and engagement program to help Ethiopia identify and build support for actions that can unlock the economic benefits of climate action.
- Lead the effort to execute high-impact projects in Ethiopia. Conduct or commission research and economic modeling efforts as needed to support the program and the commission. It is expected that the modeling effort and research will complement that already under way within PDC on two standard economic modeling approaches, namely a macroeconometric and a computable general equilibrium model. It will enhance the government’s ability to carry out the sound, coherent analytical work on the relationships of climate, the environment, and socioeconomic systems.
- Manage the consortium of partners participating in the program and engage with the broader network of those doing work of relevance in the country and internationally, including the World Bank, and participating in the Technical Advisory Group on mainstreaming.
- Commission, manage and oversee a coherent set of research projects by in-country and international research partners that together support the delivery of the project.
- Co-author reports and research products with a clear and compelling narrative aligned with the country priorities.
- Help ensure that the program meets agreed milestones and delivers on time and within the program budget.
- Represent WRI and NCE in external meetings with key stakeholders, funders, and partners to discuss the program.
- Contribute to fundraising efforts to support the Program by developing concept notes and proposals and meeting with relevant donors.
- Identify knowledge gaps where WRI and NCE Research can produce changes in society consistent with our mission, in collaboration with research staff from other WRI programs/centers/ international offices
- Advanced degree (PhD or Masters) in economics, climate, or related field
- Minimum 10 years of full-time work experience in a relevant field, with program implementation and project management experience
- Substantive knowledge and skills on quantitative analysis and economic modeling applied to public policy, including on statistical analysis using standard packages (e.g. STATA, E-Views, GAMS), a moderate to advance knowledge of computable general equilibrium modeling, and other structural modeling approaches. Alternatively, knowledge of system dynamics principles and system dynamics modeling would be desired
- Experience with project management and demonstrated an ability to connect research results to measurable external change
- Prior supervision and mentor-ship of one or more expert staff
- Exceptionally good communication and interpersonal skills
- A detail-oriented and organized thinker who can juggle multiple, competing for priorities
- Ability to travel when needed
- Experience with external communications and/or donor management
- Experience working in major international institutions and/or in or with government, ideally in Ethiopia
- Proficient in writing and speaking English; proficiency in Amharic and/or other major local languages preferred
- Experience raising funds and managing budgets
How To Apply
Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered. Please follow this link to apply:
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.