The CHILDREN’S HOPECHEST is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Specialist in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Description-Health Specialist
- Prepare and implement a specific work action plan related to health activities.
- Provide health-related technical assistant to Care Points.
- Advice Care Points on issues related to diagnostic screenings made to Children.
- Advice Care Points in administering immunizations and other basic preventive treatments.
- Advice Care Points on issues related to improving the general health of the registered Children.
- Advice Care Points on issues related to risk or prevention of conditions such as lead poisoning, HIV/AIDS, prenatal substance abuse, or domestic violence.
- Advice Care Points on issues related to self-care to the Children and their parents/guardians.
- Identify the particular health care needs of individuals in a community or target area.
- Advice Care Points on issues related to sanitation or hygiene, such as tooth cleaning or hand washing.
- Advice Care Points on issues related to social or intellectual development, such as education, childcare, or problem-solving.
- Advocate for individual or community health needs with government agencies or health service providers.
- Organize training, workshops, sensitization sessions and etc related to health activities;
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, semiannually and annually report on the progress of health activities;
- Compile, share and disseminate lessons learned, promising practices and challenges related to health activities;
- Conduct frequent and planned supportive supervision and monitoring visits to projects.
Job Requirement-Health Specialist
BA/MPH/MSC degree in Public Health, Nursing, and Health related disciplines from recognized higher educational institution and minimum of relevant 4/2 years work experience respectively in NGO settings; ability to write and communicate in English; having quality of leadership and coordinating skill; Computer and Internet communication skill; willing to work with desperate children and their guardians.
How To Apply for Health Specialist
Interested applicants who full fill the above requirement could submit their application letter, CVs and supporting documents by the following postal address. Please clearly state the position you apply for in the subject line of application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We strongly encourage qualified women to apply! Children’s Hope Chest P.O.Box: 26803 code 1000 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
To apply for this job please visit www.etijobs.com.