ST. PAUL'S HOSPITAL MILLENNIUM MEDICAL COLLEGE (SHMMC)
St. Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical College (SHMMC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Expert Urban Management in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Titel: Senior Expert Urban Management
Salary Offer: As per Company Scale
Experience Level: Senior
- Preparing and undertaking analytical work in the urban and local government sectors. Contribute to knowledge sharing, dissemination and awareness raising activities with key clients.
- Contribute to the sector dialogue and providing just-in-time advisory assistance, supporting business development, enabling broad policy and institutional reforms. Ensure coherence and coordinate activities/linkages between the various sectors working on urban programs.
- Support and participate in identifying sector institutional development needs and broader capacity building requirements e.g. organizational and human resource reform, citizen engagement/public participation, and urban planning reform in local governments.
- Undertake analytical activities on urban development and services, contributing substantively to technical assistance activities and economic and sector work, including preparation of major components of reports;
- Developing and deepening engagements in the core areas of the sector and country business, particularly on urban projects and programs and support pipeline development and portfolio management.
- Identify needed improvements in core municipal government management functions; identify additional capabilities required of municipal civil servants to perform those functions;
- Develop and deliver training program in performing core municipal management functions;
- Provide expert advice to MoUDC , region and cities on conducting public outreach, awareness, and participation activities;
Minimum Qualifications:- MA and above in Urban planning, urban management, municipal management, architecture, engineering or related field,
Work Experience:- At least 10 years of relevant experience. Work experience in Government and international organizations
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Decision-making and International relations skills
- Interpersonal, Leadership and Mentoring, coaching and Team building skills
- Negotiation, persuasion, advocacy, networking, relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Organizational skills (planning, budgeting, work prioritization, time management)
- Research, analytical and problem-solving and Strategy and policy development skills
How To Apply
All Interested applicants can apply in person to the office of Human resource development and administration Directorate of St. Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical College until 5 pm local time of the 10th day counted from the day of the first public appearance of this advertisement. Applicants should submit an application letter, recent CV, and copy of credentials in a sealed envelope. They are strongly advised to remember to write their name, contact number and the specific positions they would like to apply for. St. Paul’s hospital millennium medical college (SHMMC) will retain its right to partially or fully cancel the recruitment and employment process.