Médecins du Monde
Médecins du Monde is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Field coordinator (M/F) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of projects from long-term interventions to emergency response.
In November 2018 MdM France and MdM Germany decided to conduct a joint Fact Finding Mission in the Somali region, with the goal to assess the humanitarian needs caused by ongoing drought and conflict in the area and evaluate intervention options and possible added value of MdM.
Based on the assessment findings, it is the intention of MdM France and MdM Germany to implement a new comprehensive project jointly, with MdM France being the lead in the first year and a coordinated handover to MdM Germany during project period. The project will consist of health (Sexual and Reproductive Health SRH) activities as well as Nutrition and WASH in Nutrition activities through a local partner, will be funded by German FFO and is due to start in July.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the responsibility of the general coordinator (based in Addis Abeba), you will be responsible for the overall implementation of the MdM intervention and project in Somali region.
You will manage directly the program team which can be composed of (depending on the location): 1 logistic manager, 1 admin and finance officer, 1 program coordinator (located in Gerbo).
More specifically, your responsibilities are to:
- Follow up contextual development in Somali region, especially in Gerbo woreda and prepare an update for the monthly reporting
- Propose new ideas and modalities to improve the project activities implementation considering contextual and legal developments
- Proactively monitor the political and security situation in the project areas and update general coordinator and logistics coordinator accordingly
- Ensure that appropriate security guidelines are developed, communicated, adhered to and regularly reviewed with the coordination team
- Ensure timely and accurate security / incident reports are sent to general coordinator and logistics coordinator
- Ensure the implementation of the program and its follow-up in its different aspects: logistical, administrative and medical
- Ensure coordination, monitoring and integration of the activities defined in the logical framework and with the different actors involved and team members
- Report any issues related to partner’s activities. Update follow-up tools regularly
- Represent MdM with partners, stakeholders and authorities
- Identify technical gaps and lead in the capacity building plan for partner and MdM team
- Maintain a regular follow-up of funds transfers, procurement, financial and activity reporting of partner
- Maintain partners MoUs and updating drafts for renewal based on developments of the projects.
- Contribute to proposal and project report writings as requested
- Maintain the map of project activities and updating it accordingly
- Participate to project and strategy planning meetings and provide inputs
- Ensure technical support for partners
- Prepare monthly context report in coordination with logistics manager
- Compile monthly project activities report and submit to general coordinator and medical coordinator
- Ensure completeness of monthly data and filled monitool
- Compile monthly spending report and submitting to admin and finance coordinator and general coordinator
- Contribute to donor reporting related to project activities
- Ensure familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring all projects are compliant with donors and MdM procedures
- Ensure appropriate administrative, financial and logistical MdM systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered by both partner and MdM
- Monitor expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis, report any concerns to general coordinator
- Accompany the handover process between MdM Germany and France during project period
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Fixed-term contract (12 months)
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 3 041 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (after 6 months)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
At least 3 years of experience with an international NGO working in emergency contexts, in similar positions, preferably within the health sector
Previous experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing
Experience in partnership development and management
Experience in remote-control and remote-management programmes
Flexibility, reactivity, anticipation, adaptability
Good organizational skills in day to day and crisis situations
Excellent computer and reporting skills
Good communication skills
Capacity to work and to live in tense conditions
English language is mandatory (speaking and writing) and Somali is a plus
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.