Website Farm Africa
Etho Jobs: Farm Africa is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Head of Programme Support in East Africa (flexible) with extensive international travel.
Job Title: Head of Programme Support
Location: East Africa (flexible) with extensive international travel
Duration & Hours: Full time and permanent
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 per annum
Farm Africa drives agricultural and environmental change to improve lives.
Our work uses technical expertise, management and preservation of ecosystems and the power of business to drive prosperity. We have an ambitious strategy and business plan that aims to make us one of the leading technical INGO’s working in agriculture, natural resource management and market engagement.
We are looking for a Head of Programme Support to join our Programme Quality team. You will play a key role in embedding technical expertise and continuous improvement across Farm Africa’s programme portfolio. You will develop and deliver induction, tools and training that builds technical capacity within our programme implementation teams.
You will also lead the delivery of direct support, with a particular focus on efficient and effective programme start-up, improved burn rates, cost recovery and security management.
If you have detailed and in-depth knowledge of programme management in Africa (or another developing country) and a proven track record of managing, mentoring and capacity building programme implementation staff, then we would love to hear from you.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Working as part of the Programme Quality Team, the Head of Programme Support will play a key role in embedding technical expertise and continuous improvement in programme start-up and implementation across Farm Africa’s portfolio.
- You will develop and deliver a range of tools and training that will support staff to implement programmes to the highest quality, with a best practice approach to contract and partner management and efficient/effective burn rates and cost recovery.
- You will be responsible for the development and delivery of the Programme Quality Induction system that will ensure all new programme implementation staff receive comprehensive training on Farm Africa’s technical vision and tools, our monitoring & evaluation practices/ systems/knowledge, as well as our implementation tools and contract management practices.
- You will be responsible for some direct programme support delivery with the main focus on the start-up process of our main programmes, including legal agreements, partnership agreements, support on recruitments, setting up of our programme management tools (Programme Management Tool – PMT in particular), compliance and grant management.
- Although your role will cut across the development of tools/training programmes and direct programme support delivery, we acknowledge that a larger proportion of your time should be dedicated to the former.
The Head of Programme Support will work with country directors and programme managers to ensure Farm
- Africa’s security management and standard operating procedures are up-to-date and fully implemented.
The Head of Programme Support will, with the Regional Programme Support Manager, provide direct programme implementation and operational support Farm Africa’s programme implementation staff and work with other teams to ensure the adequacy of the internal control framework (Finance & HR).
If you are interested in this role more information can be found in the job description. If you would like to apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00 a.m. on Friday 21 June 2019.
*Note: Farm Africa will not accept third-party applications and recruitment consultants are respectfully asked not to get in touch with regards to this role.
To apply for this job please visit www.farmafrica.org.