Website Cuso International
Jobs in Ethiopia: Cuso International is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Economics Officer in Harar, Ethiopia.
The Volunteer’s Role
Access to proper nutrition is a vital issue for women of reproductive age and children under the age of five in Ethiopia.
The Growing Nutrition for Mothers and Children (GROW) project in Ethiopia is an initiative to address undernutrition in women of reproductive age and children under five years of age. The GROW project is a partnership among CARE Canada, Cuso International and McGill University.
As a Nutrition Economics Officer, you will work closely with Haramaya University College of Health and Medical Sciences in Ethiopia. Your role will be to compare program analysis, make recommendations, assess the status and challenges of project groups, and examine how economic empowerment can help advance nutrition security.
Apply today and help make a difference in the lives of women and children living in Ethiopia.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Undertake periodical assessment on the status and challenges of the Village Savings and Loan Association (VSLA) program
- Review and develop a nutrition-sensitive compliance tool
- Propose viable nutrition sensitive income generating activities
- Compare and contrast GROW VSLA and non-VSLA groups.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Master’s in agriculture economics; rural development
Essential Professional Background:
- 5 years of experience working in economic strengthening
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
Location Harar, Ethiopia
To apply for this job please visit cusointl.org.