Crown Agents is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of PPP Component Lead – Ethiopia Economic Project, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
About the role
Department for International Development (DFID)-funded project based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The project, Ethiopia Investment Advisory Facility II (EIAF II), is anticipated to start in early 2020 and aims to help Government of Ethiopia ministries, agencies and state-owned enterprises enhance the effectiveness of public investments and improve the enabling environment for exporters. The programme will focus on improving capacity in public investment management; public private partnerships; industrial parks; and trade logistics, contributing to outward oriented, manufacturing led, sustainable and inclusive growth in Ethiopia. We are looking for individuals who have experience managing consultancy/development projects in this technical area and have a passion for improving the lives of people around the world.
Technical Expertise Areas:
- Trade Logistics
- Industrial Parks
- Public Investment Management
- State Owned Enterprise Reform
- Public Private Partnerships
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical management and leadership for one of the five project components, reporting to the programme Team Leader and Project Director
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including DFID and Government of Ethiopia
- Manage component staff, ensuring high quality technical delivery
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation and escalate to Team Leader
- Ensure that M&E, reporting, and work planning activities accurately and professionally reflect project activities and achievements
- Advanced degree in economics, business administration or another relevant subject
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in trade logistics
- For the other technical areas, a minimum of 10 years of work experience in economic development or public financial management plus expertise in one of the following sub-technical areas: state owned enterprise reform, industrial parks, public private partnerships, or public investment management
- Experience of working on donor funded programmes
- Experience working in Ethiopia
- Strong leadership ability and experience managing teams
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.