Website Horn Of Africa Regional Environment Center And Network
The Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre and Network- Addis Ababa University (HoA-REC&N-AAU) has been working towards uniting academia and practitioners to promote environmental conservation, natural resource management, while facilitating strengthening and advocating for sustainable development and environmental governance across the Horn of Africa.
Etho Jobs: Horn Of Africa Regional Environment Center And Network is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Program Manager Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Program Manager
Salary Offer: As per Company Scale
Experience: 10-20 years
- Strategize, design, implement, and maintain program/project initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives, standards of quality and performance and oversee multiple project teams, ensuring program/project goals are reached;
- Develop program/project assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement;
- Manage budget and funding portfolios for maximum output and efficiency.
Education:-A Master’s level degree or PhD in natural resources management, agriculture, geography, development economics, project management and administration or related field.
- 10+ years in an advanced management role (preference is given to those with program management experience in NGOs etc), environmental management or related fields with recognized technical expertise;
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes;
- Demonstrated exposure in socioeconomic developmental issues;
- Experience working with or in international and donor organizations with the implementation of participatory projects; and
- Knowledge and exposure to environmental & social related issues pertaining to sustainable regional environment approach.
- Good leadership;
- Excellent verbal and written communications;
- Critical thinking;
- Project management and planning;
- Risk management knowledge;
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, planning, and organization;
- writing a high-level proposal, reports, presentations, and summary proceedings, etc.;
- Excellent negotiation skill on the use of resources, budgets, schedules, etc.;
- Interested in continuously learning, staying up to date with the latest relevant methods, technologies, etc.;
- Demonstrated ability to produce accurate work when under pressure to meet deadlines and deliver on project outcomes;
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and undertake multiple projects;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with team members, management, and other units to provide positive outcomes, and build strong relationships; and
- Demonstrated written, analytical, presentation, reporting and computing skills and familiarity with modern communication systems (internet, the worldwide web, email, etc.).
How To Apply
Applications can be hand-delivered to HoA-REC&N-AAU Branch Office Addis Ababa University College of Natural and Computational Sciences Arat Kilo Campus Post Graduate Building (DMS Building) 9th Floor, Room Number 903 Our office is open from 8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon & 1.30 PM to 5.00 PM, Monday to Friday Applications can also be accepted. Send in your CV and other credentials in pdf format and please write the position that you are applying for on the subject line.
To apply for this job please visit hoarec.org.