Save the Children
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Manager-Health & Nutrition Gode, Somali , Ethiopia.
The incumbent of this position represents Save the Children values and principles in interactions with staff and external audiences. These values and principles include commitment to the mission of Save the Children, team orientation, quality management and leadership development, introducing systems and procedures to strengthen staff motivation and productivity. The selected employee will be responsible for providing technical and managerial support to the staffs for the implementation of emergency health and nutrition projects focusing on Community Management of Acute Malnutrition, and other emergency health and nutrition projects. H/she will be responsible to ensure quality program implementation as per national and international standards and in line with the planned budget; provide trainings to staff and partners, monitor program effectiveness and support surveys and assessments.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· As a budget holder for health & nutrition grants, be fully aware of the grant compliance regulations of the donors relevant to your projects. The post holder will work with the Field Office Manager to review and revise budgets; authorizing and monitoring expenditure in line with the budget and donor guidelines, SCI grant management and financial guidelines.
· Ensuring that budget is used as per the plan; closely follow and monitor field level spending, review monthly field BVAs to ensure that all spending is properly captured in the system
· Support in periodic project budget revisions as required and attend AIR meeting on budget utilization
· Control and usage of Save the Children assets and funds and ensure the programme provides value for money.
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development:
· Assess/ review the health & nutrition project human resource needs when appropriate and participate in staff recruitment and performance review process as needed by the organization;
· Manage the project field staff, ensuring that they understand their tasks and expectations and are able to perform them
· Contribute to the performance review of health and nutrition staffs.
· Ensure that staffing levels, management structures, and personnel processes are appropriate and effective to enable the implementation of programs.
· Identify knowledge and skill gaps in staff and organize trainings /mentor as necessary
· Provide training, capacity building and technical support to Health & Nutrition staffs and relevant ministry/partners
· Represent Save the Children in various health & nutrition related fora, meetings and workshops & maintain links with relevant co-ordination mechanisms.
· Ensure that regular and effective communications are maintained with CO TAs and other sectors within the organization for smooth program operations and implementation.
· Engage with key Government stakeholders and duty-bearers at zonal and woreda level, in particular to support the implementation of the health & Nutrition programme in South-eastern part of Somali region.
Technical Support role
Programme oversight and management:
- Oversea and provide Technical support to the Health and Nutrition emergency response by leading the establishment and setting up of an integrated nutrition component in the current service delivery woredas of South-eastern part of Somali region.
- Ensuring effective start up, management, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of emergency health and nutrition projects
- Develop and review detailed implementation plans to ensure quality standards in compliance with Save the Children strategies, donor guidelines and priorities
- Lead in the coordination and preparation of quality and timely donor reports thus ensuring that these are of high quality (Reporting clearly on progress towards the outputs of the project as stated in the project proposal)
- Oversee the implementation of the agreed plan for health & Nutrition projects, from a quality perspective
- Contribute to programme development with the technical inputs to PDQ team for the projects proposals and budgets
- Work closely with health, FSL and WASH program teams to ensure an integrated programme approach, identify ways of maximizing links, sharing of experiences and lessons learnt.
- Ensure Save the Children Child’s Protection and Safeguarding Children policies are understood, implemented and monitored and that it is integrated into all aspects of the team’s work.
- Ensure an integrated and joined up approach to advocacy and programme work.
- As a key member of field Senior Management Team, actively participate in weekly Management and other team Meetings held in the field offices
- Produce monthly, mid- term and final reports.
- In addition to the above listed responsibilities the Health & Nutrition Program Manager will also be responsible for any other duty deemed necessary by the Line Manager.
Supervision/Monitoring/Coordination and documentation role
- Ensure the proper utilization and use of monitoring and evaluation systems put in place
- Regularly follow-up and monitor the project activities to ensure proper and efficient implementation
- Work closely with the MEAL and operations teams to ensure that all projects related to health & nutrition have robust monitoring plans, baselines, reviews and evaluations in line with
- project designs and donor guidelines
- Carry out reasonable field visits to document observations and experiences and share them with operation and technical teams and influence management action for technical improvement in projects.
- Work with MEAL team to carry out relevant studies and document and disseminate good practices in projects related to health and nutrition both in emergencies and development
- Identify learning and training opportunities for Save the Children health and nutrition staffs and partners and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
· Bachelor or Post-graduate degree in public health.
· Minimum 5 years’ field experience in emergency nutrition /humanitarian work, including significant experience in maternal and child health & nutrition.
· Excellent leadership, coordination and management experience
· Knowledge of latest health related technical guidelines and standards in emergency nutrition and health
· Experience in CMAM
· Experience in quality assurance in a clinical setting desirable
· Demonstrated ability for leadership and independent decision making
· Strong interpersonal skills, well developed cultural awareness and ability to work with people from diverse background
· Excellent team player
· Willingness and ability to work in hardship environment
· Cultural and gender sensitivity
· Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
· Commitment to Save the Children values
· Speaking Somali language is a plus
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Gode. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using the
To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net.