Website Cuso International
Jobs in Ethiopia: Cuso International is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Rural Livelihood Officer in Chiro, Ethiopia.
The Volunteer’s Role
Improving food security and nutrition is a critical issue for many women and children living in Ethiopia.
The Growing Nutrition for Mothers and Children (GROW) project in Ethiopia is an initiative to address undernutrition in women of reproductive age and children under five years of age. The GROW project is a partnership among CARE Canada, Cuso International and McGill University.
As a Rural Livelihood Officer, you will help enhance community livelihood, food security and nutrition services provisions, through capacity building and system strengthening in West Hararghe Government Sectors. You will also support in developing the nutrition sensitive programming capacity of partners at institutional and community levels.
As a volunteer, you will:
– Facilitate access to input (seed multiplication; traditional saving; seeds agricultural tools pesticides…) and strengthen improved garden establishment
– Compare pre and post-harvest handling for homestead garden beneficiaries
– Devise innovative ideas for water harvesting mechanisms for all 14 Woredas.
– Link PMAs and Income generation activity groups with potential markets
– Design a strategy to replicate GROW major livelihood activities to non-targeted areas
To apply for this job please visit cusointl.org.