Samaritan’s Purse’s is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Security Coordinator in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Develop and maintain relationships with diverse personnel who impact security of Samaritan’s Purse (SP) personnel.
- Analyze open source and confidential information to continually assess threat levels.
- Monitor potential and present emergencies and keep all staff informed of events, as directed by the Safety Control Manager
- Provide inputs to the disaster response plan, evacuation plan and other contingency plans.
- Work closely with country leadership in advising on travel restrictions and program hibernation.
- Performs other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principles of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith. He/she must also be able to perform each key responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary.
- Self-starter and motivated to succeed, regardless of the task; creative problem solver
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, in both oral and written form
- Ability to coordinate activities, conduct training, build and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to understand complex security situations and advise program design accordingly
- Ability to analyze information to develop a complete picture of security situations
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, good problem-solving ability
- Networking and team building skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Levelheaded and calm demeanor
- Willingness to travel throughout Ethiopia on a regular basis
- Willingness to work in a challenging field environment
Education / Experience Needed
Language Amharic and English fluency (spoken and written required). Other local languages are desirable.
How to Apply
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org