- Are you experienced in leading social and economic development research projectsacross the sectors of education, public health, youth, agriculture and urbanization, with a focus on gender and social inclusion?
- Do you value mentoring and managing to build a team and grow a cutting-edge business?
- Do you want to work on innovative social and economic research projects with high-profile clients like the World Bank, the Mastercard Foundation, USAID and DFID?
- Do you love discovering new contexts and spending time in countries like Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya or Rwanda?
Then this is the role for you! Working as a Senior Research Associate at Laterite will provide you with the opportunity to hone your leadership and technical skills while leading the growth of a pioneering and rapidly expanding organization dedicated to social and economic development.
Laterite is a data, research and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyse complex development challenges.
Laterite strives to play an active role in making development research more rigorous and impactful. Laterite uses an anti-disciplinary approach to do this, borrowing methods not only from econometrics but other fields as well. Incorporating these latest innovative research techniques and methodologies in project work and introducing them to the clients motivates us. Laterite believes that impact is a long-term endeavour that requires being embedded in the local context. As a result, Laterite only conducts research where it has a local presence.
Position Description & Key Responsibilities
As a Senior Research Associate, based in one of our East African offices, you will play an active role leading a portfolio of impactful research projects, leading and mentoring research teams, and managing client relationships. You will contribute to country-level strategic decisions about our research portfolio, support business development and recruitment processes, and ensure Laterite is a great place to work. You have the following profile:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Public Health, Public Policy, or a related field
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Outstanding data analysis skills – proficiency in Stata or similar statistical software
- Experience mentoring and managing research projects and teams
- Able to quickly grasp research concepts, and structure the technical approach to a problem
- Solid project management skills to oversee a portfolio of projects at different stages in the research lifecycle
- Able to build high-trust relationships and effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders in the public and private sectors
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and able flourish in a fast-paced environment, where timelines can be unpredictable.
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to lead challenging, innovative research projects on complex development issues
- The chance to shape an ambitious and growing organisation
- Opportunities for professional development and fast career progression
- Salary that is competitive with similar roles in research firms and social enterprises
- Great benefits including generous leave, international health insurance and flight allowance (for international staff).
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.