To support the VSO Ethiopia program team and its partners so that all VSOE programs incorporate social inclusion and gender equality. The Volunteer will build on last year’s initial Social Exclusion and Gender Analysis (SEGA) and work closely with VSOE program teams to incorporate approaches to inclusion and gender equality across project cycles. This will include providing relevant training to staff, volunteers and partners, engaging in program design and review workshops, and from the point of view of SIGA overall evaluation of the implementation of SPs.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Support alignment and coherence of VSO’s global Social Inclusion and Gender strategy in VSO Ethiopia’s programming
- Review programme/project reports and other programme plans and provide feedback from SIG perspective
- Accompanying programme teams in field visits and assess and reflect on current programme implementation inclusion levels and forward recommendations.
- Provide continuous training to staff, volunteers and partners around SIG issues in a way that is relevant to the context.
- Work closely with VSOE volunteers to increase their effectiveness in inclusion
- Work closely with VSOE programme teams to develop SIG assessment and follow up tools that can expedite integration of the SIG approach in VSOE programming
- Increase Programme team’s and partners capacity to embed the SIG core approach throughout the project cycle
- Enrich the SEGA conducted last year, and enhance programme teams understanding in all SIG frameworks
- Lead on Inclusion and Gender participatory researches/ assessments and analysis of contexts
- Support programme teams and the SMT on business development opportunities that are focused on Inclusion
Skills and Knowledge
- A Master’s degree in Gender, Social Sciences, International Development, or related field.
- A minimum of eight years professional experience in a related sector or context
- Demonstrable experience in integration of Social Inclusion and Gender themes in programme design and implementation, preferably in the development organization
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of tailored pieces of training and awareness raising workshops that promote gender equality and social inclusion
- Experience in the development of organisation strategy that aim to promote inclusion and equality
- A profound understanding of the impact of exclusion and its implication on primary actors
- Experience in participatory research, appraisals and assessment
- Previous experience of working with community based organisations, schools and other public service delivery in the sectors of Education, Health and Livelihoods
- Excellent communication and social skills,
- Open to multicultural context and flexible to new ways of working
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team from different background.
- Experience in advocacy, policy-related work with government decision-makers and other bilateral/multilateral organizations
- Experience in relationship development, Business development and networking events
- Sound knowledge in M&E
Competencies and Behaviour
- Building and Sustaining working relationships
The social skills to build and actively maintain working relationships that foster teamwork and collaboration with others for the benefit of a common goal.
- Open Minded and Respectful
A non-judgemental approach that values other people and culture.
- Seeking and Sharing Knowledge
Recognition that learning is a two-way and continuous process.
- Facilitating Positive Change
The ability to analyse problems and develop lasting solutions in line with VSO approaches.
A flexible approach and the ability to adapt behaviour to different situations.
The self-confidence to work with a variety of situations, diverse people and ambiguity.
To apply for this job please visit www.vsointernational.org.