International Organzation for Migration – IOM is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Transit Center Manager in Addis Ababa.
SPECIAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Open to Internal/External Candidates
|Vacancy No.||IOM – SVN/0041/2019|
|Position Title||Transit Centre Manager|
|Duty Station||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Posting period||14.06.2019 – 30.06.2019|
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
Under the general supervision of the Heads of Program for SLO Addis Ababa, and the direct supervision the Operations Officer and in close coordination with the Senior Operations Officer, the incumbent will coordinate and implement running of the IOM Transit Center in Addis Ababa under the USRAP project. S/he will coordinate the technical aspects of the Transit Center activities such as daily coordination of the Transit Center activities; develop a working schedule for the TC staff and monitoring and ensuring that the transit center is running smoothly with all the necessary requirements within the necessary guidelines of the transit centre
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In particular, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Coordinate all administrative activities in the IOM Addis Ababa Transit Center in coordination with relevant units in IOM Addis office.
2. Coordinate refugee resettlement processing in IOM Addis Ababa Transit Center including selection missions, medical processing, departures, signing of promissory notes and air/ground transport to/from refugee camps and processing locations in Ethiopia along with assignment of operational or medical escorts for domestic movements as needed;
3. Ensure effective database tracking of all refugee movements to/from IOM Addis Transit Center with periodic reporting to Senior Operations Officer as required along with timely distribution of departure reports and arrival confirmations for all movements;
4. In close coordination with IOM Ethiopia Security Focal Point follow up security protocol for IOM Addis Ababa Transit Center to ensure compliance with UNDSS and IOM security guidelines including access procedures, control of assets, and the safety of employees and refugees;
5. Maintain relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)for IOM Addis Transit Center in conjunction with Senior Operations Officer;
6. Provide briefings to visiting donor missions on IOM Addis Ababa Transit Center activities.
7. Coordinate the daily running of the TC which has a capacity of 500 individuals and management of 23 staff members.
8. Supervise the activities of the transit Centre and ensure safety and security of Refugees while in transit and control unauthorised access.
9. Co-ordinate with Senior Operations Officer on the planning of transit cases from refugee camps and with the Sub-Offices on the refugee movements to and from the Transit Center.
10. Liaise with the medical unit (doctors/nurses) to ensure that follow up medical procedures are completed prior to return to the camps.
11. Undertake IOM activities at the airport (when necessary) in an efficient manner with minimum disruption to other airport users. Ensuring relevant airport services are made available for cases with special needs including medical cases and unaccompanied minors.
12. Update and maintain the ITC Database for the transit Centre and generate monthly instances reports and cases offered transport back to the camp and provide confirmation of movement from/to the Centre to the Operations Officer.
13. Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
University Degree in Business Management, Business administration, Social Sciences or related field of study.
A minimum of Six years of progressively responsible experience for BA Degree holders out of which minimum of two years of experience in the running of a transit Centre or similar establishment.
Experience with supervision roles for tasks of a similar nature to this assignment;
Progressively responsible experience in the running of a transit Center or similar establishment.
Minimum of two years of experience with supervision roles for tasks of a similar nature to this assignment;
Proven experience in project management, budgeting and record keeping.
Knowledge of relevant needs assessment guidelines and templates to conduct needs assessments for refugees populations,
Ability to prepare clear and concise reports on the TC activities.
Ability to develop project strategies and activities based on identified needs,
Proficient in computer applications and Microsoft Office Applications
Good managerial skills and experience of handling difficult situations with good judgement.
· Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English and Amharic is required
· Knowledge of other local languages will be an asset.
Values and Competencies
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by June 30, 2019 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn’t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
To apply for this job email your details to RECADDIS@IOM.INT