Fred Hollows Foundation
Fred Hollows Foundation (FHF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Zonal Technical Advisor in Addis Ababa
Bring your program management experience and expertise and contribute to efforts to improve the eye health of the Ethiopian population
* Leading International Development Organisation in the area of eye health
* 2 positions Based in West Wollega and Kelem Wollega Zones
The Fred Hollows Foundation (FHF) is an international development organisation working in more than 25 countries. We help train and empower local eye doctors, nurses and health workers to create a sustainable system of care in the communities that need it most. The work we do has a very clear purpose: to make sure everyone, whether he or she is rich or poor, has access to high quality, affordable eye health.
In Ethiopia, FHF has been supporting the government to eliminate trachoma in the Oromia Region. Our Country Office is based in Addis Ababa, with four operational hubs covering activities in 18 zones in the Oromia region.
Reporting to the Regional NTD Technical Advisor, The Zonal NTD Technical Advisor for END FUND is in charge of overseeing the TT surgery and other Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) program activities in the zone. He/she provides support to the zonal health department to strengthen the implementation of the World Health Organisa tion (WHO) endorsed Surgery, Antibiotics, Facial cleanliness and Environmental improvements (SAFE) strategy for the elimination of blinding trachoma as well as other NTDs. Working extensively with the Zonal health department, woreda health offices, and with the FHF project staff to ensure that TT surgery intervention is high on the agenda and is appropriately resourced.
The Zonal NTD Technical Advisor oversees and supports the Integrated Eye Care Workers (IECWs), the Dedicated Mobile Team (DMT) activities and ensure the linkage of the TT surgeons and Secondary Eye Care Units (SECUs). He/she will be based in the Zonal Health Department and is required to travel extensively to project woredas.
Essential criteria includes:
* Minimum of Degree in Public Health/Nursing or related fields from a recognized institution.
* Minimum of three years of relevant experience in public health, eye care or disease prevention and control programs.
* Experience of working in trachoma intervention particularly TT surgery program coordination
* Knowledge of recent national health policy issues.
* Proven ability to deal with various regional stake holders.
* Knowledge of Eye health programmes is highly desirable.
* Fluency in English and Afan Oromo
* Proven presentation, communication and report writing skills
* Proficiency in computer use in office applications and internet.
* Skills in advanced computer database management preferred.
* Good persuasion skill and ability to work in a team
How to apply and who to contact
Applications can be made by clicking apply, completing the online application form and attaching an up to date resume and letter of application.
Alternatively, If you would like further information please contact our Talent Acquisition Team via email at
Applications close: Tuesday 25th June 2019
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the appropriate right to work in the country where the job is located.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.
The Fred Hollows Foundation – Ethiopia (FHF-E) has been registered and licensed by The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Charites and Societies Agency in accordance with Charities and Societies Proclamation No. 621/2009, and certificate number 2985, on 4 March 2013