At this level, job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen operational problems on a daily basis. Job holder is expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate support staff.
To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
- Liaise with Government counterpart (ARRA), Partners (UNHCR) and cooperating partners (NGOs) as well as with Sub-Offices and field offices to receive updated beneficiary figure for each programme (General food distribution, targeted supplementary feeding, blanket supplementary feeding, school feeding programmes and closing balance)
- Oversee monthly FRN preparation and dispatch of all refugee programmes, general food distribution, nutrition and school feeding activities to all camps in the country timely and follow-up on any issues with Logistic focal persons and SOs to ensure delivery of food commodities to refugee camps
- Closely coordinate with Logistic unit ensuring dispatch is ongoing and there are no delays, pipeline procurement unit ensuring surplus/shortages and procurement if need be for the following months are reviewed
- Ensure compliance with COMET for all agreement/FRN/distribution report
- Coordinate with implementing partners and Sub Offices for Cooperating Partners Distribution Reports (CPDRs) and oversee the payment process based on CPDRs both ITSH & ODOC. Follow up with Finance and ensure timely payment
- Provide all requested statistical figures for the preparation of SPR, budget revisions as well as project documents
- Provide timely response to Government counterpart (ARRA), Partners (UNHCR) and cooperating partners (NGOs), Sub-Offices and field offices for issues related to allocation, distribution, payments, agreements
- Prepare budget, donor appeals, concept note
- Coordinate meetings with cooperating partners UNHCR, ARRA, WFP
- Perform any other duties related to coordination, planning, implementation and monitoring of refugee operation activities
- Support donor related activities (requests, visits, proposals and reports)
- Perform other duties as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE