Unilever is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Engineer based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Main Job Purpose
Completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements and Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Project Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills, Safety Management, Supervision, CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering with relevant 3 years of work experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to think big picture and consider long-term implications of ones’ actions
- Passion for looking for ways to improve individual and/or company performance
- Commitment to exceeding customers’ expectations
- Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
End Date: Feb-11-2019