GGGI seeks to recruit a Regional Lead – Climate Change Instruments, MRV And Institutional Strengthening who will be working based at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
This position is responsible for leading several components or outputs within a regional program, managing a small group of staff or consultants/firms who are supporing output delivery. S/he is the recognised lead advisor/focal point on institutional aspects related Climate Change which are priority to Africa and provides day to day technical/strategic advice internally as well as externally to ensure impactful delivery of relevant outputs under the program.The position plays a key role in driving a dedicated ‘hybrid’ teams consisting of government and/or international organisation’s officials, GGGI national/regional staff and consultants in delivering top quality outputs which meet high technical standards in the most effective and efficient way.S/he monitors and evaluates the performance of team members as well as being a key point of technical advice and escalation for problem solving within the context of output delivery.
- Leads the development and implementation of MRV data analyses and tools and delivers capacity building for the MRV GHG measurements methodologies for the Africa region by adapting and applying specified inputs from other regions and as per the international accepted standards and research.
- Keeps abreast on technical knowledge and expertise in a specific or a diverse range of UNFCCC themes or relevant priorities to ensure continued relevance of GGGI within the Climate Change agenda, through the established knowledge platforms especially with regards to MRV systems, NDCs implementation, Climate diplomacy and GCF access with particular emphasis on LDCs.
- Maintains close communication with the technical divisions in HQ on relevant topics to ensure their participation in program delivery for quality outputs.
- Facilitate in-depth and effective stakeholder dialogue both internally and externally to support each ‘hybrid’ team as well as externally and consultations on multi-disciplinary issues relevant to the components/work streams under the Climate Change agenda and instruments, resulting in consensus and empathy of perspectives and recognition mutual/complementary interests.
- Developing and fostering strong relationships with key government institutions, international organizations, relevant academic institutions and/or private sector such as MRV and UNFCCC focal points for coordinating/guiding research, simulation and analysis, interviews and meetings.
- Deploy strategies to secure collaboration/garner buy-in and support from a diverse range of stakeholders to ensure regional/local ownership of the various analytical outputs
- Independently organize UNFCCC, NDC/MRV work stream considering regional reviews, analyses, data integration including methodologies for measuring and verifying GHGs emissions in Africa region and assessing and managing information on inventories and technology standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Deliver under the work stream with tight deadlines and coordinating / managing a small technical team (potentially consisting of blended staff members and consultants)
- Oversees the planning of resources and timeframes relevant to dedicated work stream and implement allocated budgets as per approved Africa Country business plans as well as the regional work programs
- Effective and efficient management and ability to adapt project cycles in anticipation of multiple challenges and bottlenecks in service delivery.
- Ensures coordination with operations for prompt support services for timely provision for delivery.
- Clear and timely reporting on project delivery to Head of Programs for the Region of Africa and coordinate with IPSD ADG at GGGI HQ and Leads for and MRV Leads for the other GGGI Regions.