Data USe Adviser
- International Employment Opportunities-Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.Job Title:
Senior/Lead Technical Adviser – Data Use Department/Location:
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Reports To:
Chief of Party Type:
Regular Full-Time Classification:
This is a managerial, exempt-level position and is not eligible for overtime.Overview:
IBTCI is seeking a Senior/Lead Technical Adviser – Data Use for the USAID Supporting the Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) to Improve Health Outcomes Activity in Ethiopia. The Data Use Advisor will provide technical leadership role for the cultural transformation for data use for decision making activities. The anticipated period of performance is 5 years with an estimated start date of summer 2019. The position is for a proposal and is contingent upon successful award. Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Provide programmatic guidance and technical assistance to strengthen data demand and use across all levels in the public health
• Identify, manage, package and disseminate key information to advance technical practice in the areas of HMIS, health research, and monitoring and evaluation.
• Build national, provincial, district, and facility level demand for and ability to use HMIS data for evidence-based programming in collaboration with a wide array of stakeholders;
• Develop appropriate strategies and tools for strengthening the use of HMIS data, identify data needs at all levels, and build capacity to implement tools and approaches through training and workshops.
• Other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Substantial knowledge and ability in strengthening data demand and use across all levels in the public health sector.
• Proven ability to identify, manage, pack and disseminate key information to advance technical practice in the areas of HMIS, health research and monitoring and evaluation.
• Strict attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and time management
• Strong ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.