The QED Group is seeking a Software Developer Officer for a USAID Ethiopia Health
Information Systems (HIS) project to support USAID/Ethiopia in providing technical assistance and other services for the implementation of the Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) Activity. The project is aimed to support the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) to improve the quality of health service and create a sustainable health care system through use of data for decision making and for providing similar services and deliverables to other countries in Africa or to respond to a crisis in Ethiopia. The Software Developer Officer will provide software development and programming service for new and additional modules of software for the health system. This position will be full time and based in Ethiopia.
- Consistently produce clean, efficient code based on client specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs to meet specifications
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Creating technical documentation for reference and reporting
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Significant experience as a successful Software Developer, Software Engineer, or similar role.
- Strong working knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Strong working experience in data exchange, particularly with DHIS2 systems integration
- Extensive experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment.
- Relevant experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate).
- Ability and willingness to learn new languages and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourceful and troubleshooting aptitude.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please follow the following steps: